“What’s the worst thing you can call a woman? Don’t hold back, now. You’re probably thinking of words like slut, whore, bitch, cunt (I told you not to hold back!), skank. Okay, now, what are the worst things you can call a guy? Fag, girl, bitch, pussy. I’ve even heard the term ‘mangina.’ Notice anything? The worst thing you can call a girl is a girl. The worst thing you can call a guy is a girl. Being a woman is the ultimate insult. Now tell me that’s not royally fucked up.” —
Full frontal feminism: a young women’s guide to why feminism matters
By Jessica Valenti (via -sicknasty)
Things never to do:
- Misgender me, and insist on calling me a “lady” even after I tell you I’d rather be referred to as a “gentleman.” You have no right to decide my gender.
- Call me, or really anyone, a “tramp”.
- Laugh about the aforementioned things.
- When called out on the fucked up things you have done, apologize without really taking any responsibility (e.g. “I apologize if you misunderstood me,” and my personal favorite “sorry if your feelings were hurt, but…”)
- Act like continuing to carpool with me would be an inconvenience and awkward for you because of all the horrible things you said.