- (I am working late at night in a 24-hour pharmacy. There are only three customers in the store: a scruffy but clean young couple and another gentleman. The woman in the young couple is very heavily pregnant, and her partner is picking up the range of baby hats we carry and holding them up against her stomach, then looking at the prices and sadly putting them back. They pick up a packet of the cheapest pain medication we carry and bring it to the counter.)
- Female Customer: “I’m sorry, but can you please ask the pharmacist if these are safe for me to take?”
- Me: “Of course!”
- (While we’re waiting for the pharmacist to come out, they tell me they’re expecting their daughter any day now. The pharmacist has been watching the young couple since they came in.)
- Pharmacist: “These are fine, but can I ask why you need them?”
- Female Customer: “Oh, I have a horrible cough that’s making my back ache even worse. I can’t get to sleep.”
- (The pharmacist goes through a list of cough medicines safe for her to take, before the young man shakes his head with tears in his eyes.)
- Male Customer: “I’m sorry, I’ve just lost my job and we really can’t afford any of those. Sorry for wasting your time.”
- Pharmacist: “That’s okay, but this packet is damaged, and legally I can’t let you take it. Seeing as it was the last one, let me and [my name] go look in the back for some more.”
- (The pharmacist takes me out the back, where he puts three packets of name brand painkillers, four bottles of name brand cough syrup, a wheat bag for her back, a tin of formula, a packet of newborn nappies and a few of the hats the couple was looking at into a box. He hands me the box and tells me to take it out to them. I do and they both burst into tears, thanking us over and over again. They leave with huge smiles on their faces.)
- Female Customer: “Thank you again!”
- Other Customer: “I’m sorry, I couldn’t help but over hear. Did you say you just lost your job at [local company]?”
- Male Customer: “Yes, I was an IT tech.”
- Other Customer: “I own [other computer store in the area], and I’m looking for a new tech. Can you start tomorrow?”
- (There were tears all round that night. A week later, the young woman brought in her beautiful daughter and a giant batch of cupcakes for the pharmacy staff. Best night at work ever!)
what if the only reason we can’t walk through mirrors is because our reflection blocks us
what if they’re protecting us though
what if they know that the other side is horrifying and painful and they are trying to keep us from ever crossing over
I must be on the wrong side of the mirror then
maybe you’re the reflection.
HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO MAKE LIFE CHOICES I STILL COUNT USING MY FINGERS
AND I SING THE WHOLE ALPHABET TO SEE WHAT LETTER COMES NEXT
I STILL HOLD UP BOTH HANDS AND MAKE AN L SHAPE TO REMIND MYSELF OF LEFT AND RIGHT
I STILL HAVE TO THINK OF AN ALLIGATOR EATING THE BIGGER NUMBER TO USE THE < AND > SYMBOLS.
I STILL RUN CLUMSILY UP THE STAIRS ON MY HANDS AND FEET LIKE A FREAKIN LEEMUR CHEETAH HYBRID
I STILL FORCE MY MOMMY TO MAKE ALL MY PHONECALLS FOR ME.
when people that you message never respond and it’s like a week later and you feel like you just pissed them off and now they hate you and you should just only ever talk to rocks.
that in the Chinese version of Disney’s Mulan, the fake name she gives is “Ping”, but her family name “Fa” in English is “Hua” in Chinese, therefore her full name is “Hua Ping”, which is literally “Flower Vase”, and that’s why Shang is so bewildered because it’s a silly name.
but OP how could you not tell them the best part
“hua ping”/flower vase is chinese slang for “camp gay”
IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE NOW!
man razors always seem to be better built than lady shavers
why am i expected to remove all hair from nose to toe with a rusty knife glued onto a cheap pink plastic stick on an almost daily basis
if it is insisted that i be as hairless as a sphynx with alopecia swimming in a vat of radioactive nair i should at least be given razors that can sustain a single session of chopping down the dense and beautiful forestry that covers my upside-down canada for fuck’s sake